PDA

View Full Version : Greyhawk

Kaewin
04-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Has anyone heard any Greyhawk news? I have a friend who hears all kinds of rumors about 4th ed but nothing about this yet.

Grimwell
04-21-2009, 12:41 AM
I haven't heard anything credible yet. Are you waiting for something specific to be converted? Or just in general?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-21-2009, 12:42 AM
To get news on Greyhawk would be fantastic, but i wouldnt hold my breath.

Kaewin
04-21-2009, 02:20 PM
I was looking to see if they had plans for an update, never played it much we always did homebrews but would check on it every so often. Kind of an old friend to see once and a while. Loved some of the old modules.

Valdar
04-21-2009, 02:43 PM
Haven't heard anything- this year's sourcebooks will be Eberron, and there are strong hints that next year will be Dragonlance or perhaps Dark Sun.

Do we need a Greyhawk? I don't recall that there were any monsters, races or classes that were unique to Greyhawk to warrant releasing a sourcebook for them (it's been the default setting for two editions, if 1e had a "default" setting)- if that's the case, then your 3e or 1e Greyhawk material should still work fine.

Kaewin
04-22-2009, 07:34 AM
Alot of the Demon Princes are from Greyhawk, in second they called them devils and demons not Baazatu or Tanari

Drows orignated on Greyhawk, big Giant series. Alot of named spells come from their. Tome of Horrors is located in Greyhawk. Most of the current gods orignate in Greyhawk. Valley elves are from Greyhawk. They also have monks and assassins, the Scarlet Brotherhood.

Greyhawk has a bit tht alot of other D&D stuff comes from, it would be nice top see the ones that won't show up elsewhere.