PDA

View Full Version : Adv 0: Bar Fun and Bar Fights



russdm
04-20-2009, 02:13 PM
(This adventure is just a filler activity until the first adventure starts, it has no game effect)

Mos Eisly Cantina, Tatioone

You are each seated at tables in the cantina in Mos Eisly. You have purchased drinks. A mix of species are sitting at the other tables. A group are in the corner playing sabacc. Periodically a pair Imperial Stormtroopers walks through the cantina, paying a glance over all the patrons. They then leave.

Some of the patrons leave and are replaced by others. Each finds a table to sit at and maybe share. They buy drinks as well.

What are you going to do?

Anodyzed
04-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Rorrorra looked across the dimly lit cantina. Another rathole, yet it was his only choice. After a decent meal, he'd wanted to see if any employment opportunities had come to this piece of Imperial debris. Did he just think 'debris'? Should have labelled it detritus. The wookiee walked slowly, ducking when necessary, across the floor to the bar. Ordering a fruit swirl, he took the mug and moved back to the other side of the room. There was a booth just opening, and wookiee put his back to the wall, taking up most of one entire side of the booth. He'd wait here for a while, to see if any ships captains wanted a crewman. He wasn't desperate, but he certainly did want off this barren wasteland of a planet.

Rorrorra watched, waited, and kept his bowcaster close by just in case.

Grazak
04-21-2009, 01:21 AM
With the Corellian Ale sitting in front of him already half gone, Deak decides it is about time to make some money in this place. Grabbing his drink he heads towards the Sabacc game in the corner. As he approaches the table he waits from someone to notice him before saying in Basic.


Have room for one more gambler in your game?

russdm
04-21-2009, 04:24 PM
The gamblers nod and motion for you to pull up a chair. They wait for you to join them before continuing play.

Another patrol of stormtroopers walk through the cantina. They pay brief glances to every patron in the cantina, but infront of one of the booths. You notice the stormtroopers gesturing at the patrons in the booth, who appear to be a trandoshan, a rodian, and two humans, both female. The stormtroopers spend some time there, then move on. The other patrons ignore whats going on and none of the patrons in the booth looks around afterwards except for the Trandoshan. He pays the wookie a longer glance than the others then turns back to what appears to be a conversation.

Deak, sitting at the sabacc tables, is close enough that he could possibly overhear what the conversation is about. (Make a perception check to eavesdrop if you wish to do so; Rorrorra can make one as well if wished)

Grazak
04-21-2009, 05:49 PM
Deak takes a seat at the sabacc table and waits to be dealt into a hand. (Since this is just for fun I won't bother making wagers and rolls to gamble properly) Throughout the game he keeps an eye and an ear toward the rest of the cantina. As the 2 Stormtroopers leave a table of 4 he notices the Trandoshan in the group glance around the room looking for eavesdropers. When the Trandoshan begins to converse with the others he attempts to surreptiously listen in on their conversation.

Perception Check to Eavesdrop

Anodyzed
04-22-2009, 12:23 AM
Seeing the Stormtroopers, Rorrorra will attempt to pay attention to his own drink and not make eye contact. But as they leave, he can't help but watch them go, and in so doing, makes eye contact with the Transdoshian.

Rorrorra couldn't help but think Cursed breed. Too bad the Stormies didn't take him.

That the Transdoshian had lingered in his glance at Rorrorra, gave him pause for concern. The wookiee surreptitiously loads his bowcaster (below the table level, behind the tablecover).

Perception to eavesdrop

russdm
04-22-2009, 05:53 PM
Rorrorra tries his best and catches only snatches of what been said. The general noise in the cantina make it somewhat heard to hear them talk. The group appears to be speaking in Basic.

Because of his closeness to the booth, Deak is able to hear more of the conversation. He also notices the group speaking basic.

(Conversation overheard, Parts in italics are what Deak heard that Rorrorra doesn't)

Human Female, fairly gruff tone, 1: "Its taking too much time. We need to act quicker or we'll have trouble."

Human Female, considerably less gruff than other female, 2: "Be patient; these things take time. We can't move yet as the goods are still being sent. We can't tangle with..."

Rodain Male: "Whats the problem? Its only one."

Human Female 2: "One is still enough of a problem."

Trandoshan Male: "Wouldn't have been a problem if you hadn't screwed up. If you had done your job..."

Rodian Male: "Hey, whats that supposed to mean??"

Trandoshan Male: "You screwed up your job. Failed to do things right. Now we have to improvise. I hate improvising."

Human Female 1: "Improvise? Why don't we just use plan A?"

Trandoshan Male: "Are you stupid?!?! Plan A won't work...thanks to our friend here."

Rodian Male: "Bu-"

Human Female 2: "Dresk, we all made mistakes. Its not only Hagno's fault."

Trandoshan Male: "I don't care, he made a bigger mistake."

Human Female 1: "Ain't fair Dresk. We gave you another chance."

Trandoshan Male, Dresk: "Yeah and you remember why?"

(At this point, neither of you are able to hear more of the conversation though it appears to continue)

What do you do?

Anodyzed
04-22-2009, 11:29 PM
Rorrorra will sit back in his booth, nursing his drink without really imbibing. The wookiee will continue to scan the bar, as surreptitiously as possible, hoping to find employment or at least a free way to get off Tatooine.

Grazak
04-23-2009, 12:46 AM
As he loses the conversation he turns back to the game in front of him and asks


Anyone know anything about the Rodian, Trandoshan, and 2 women sitting over there?

He tries not to make his curiosity obvious in his body language and keeps his tone conversational.

russdm
04-23-2009, 05:14 PM
One of the other players nods. "They are bounty hunters or atleast thats what I heard. Think the Trando might be a big one but not sure."

Another patrol of stormtroopers walks through the cantina. They stop at a booth where only two patrons are sitting. One stormtrooper puts his hands on the table and appears to speak to them. He raises his right hand to gesture at them while he talks. The other stormtrooper watches with his hand on his blaster, apparently ready to draw it.

Players, make perception checks.

Grazak
04-23-2009, 06:49 PM
Perception Check

(How do you roll a zero?)

Anodyzed
04-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Rorrorra Perception test

russdm
04-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Rorrorra notices one of the patrons across from the stormtroopers has their hand on the grip of their blaster and appears to be drawing it.

What do you do?

Anodyzed
04-24-2009, 05:09 PM
Rorrorra will watch intently as this new 'party' emerges. Getting ready to upend his table for more cover, he will push to the back of his booth, awaiting the first shots.

Grazak
04-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Deak continues playing sabacc oblivious to the potential firefight about to break out behind him.

russdm
04-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Rorrorra watches as the patron draws the blaster, aims at the stormtroopers and open fires. The bartender yells, "No Blasters!" Several patrons scream and begin to dive for cover. A few patrons around the shooter pull out weapons and prepare to attack.

What are you going to do? Also, Roll Initiative.

Grazak
04-24-2009, 07:52 PM
Deak will draw his blaster pistol (Quick Draw) and move to the nearest cover, upending a table if he needs to, keeping an eye on the bounty hunters to see what they do.

(Trying a reroll to not get a zero)

(Try 2: Changing syntax??)

Initiative

Anodyzed
04-25-2009, 12:22 PM
Rorrorra will upend the table right at the opening of the booth, attempting to provide cover from the sides (booth seats) and the front (table).

Initiative

Rorrorra will bring his bowcaster to bear toward the room and wait to see if anyone fires at him. Paying special attention to the Stormies and the Bounty Hunters.

russdm
04-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Initiative)

Stormtroopers: Stormtrooper Initiative

Thugs: Thugs Initiative
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Initiative Order:

Rorrorra
Thugs
Stormtroopers
Deak

It is currently the Thugs turn. They stand up revealing 5 of them. Each carries a blaster pistol. The thugs consist of 2 humans, a rodian, a duros, and a twi'lek. The thugs target the stormtroopers first then the wookie second, then Deak last.

The first human thug shoots at one stormtrooper. Firing Damage if Hit.

The rodian thug shoots at one stormtrooper. Firing Damage if Hit.

The Duros thug shoots at the other stormtrooper. Firing Damage if Hit.

The second human shoots at Rorrorra. Firing Damage if Hit.

The twi'lek thugs shoots at Deak. Firing Damage if Hit.
--- Merged from Double Post ---
One stormtrooper goes after taking two shoots. The other stormtrooper is missed by the Duros. The other thugs miss both Rorrorra and Deak.

The remaining stormtrooper will fire at one of the human thugs. Stormtrooper shoots at human thugs Damage taken if hit

Grazak
04-26-2009, 01:23 AM
Deak will fire back at the Twi'lek firing at him.

Attack Roll
Damage If Hit

Anodyzed
04-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Having been fired at when in a defensive position, Rorrorra will let out a howl and fire his bowcaster at the human who fired at him.

Attack

Damage

OOC question: Does the 'partial cover' of the table help?

russdm
04-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Deak hits the twi'lek. Rorrorra misses the thug. Oh and the stormtrooper killed the thug he had shot at. (Rorrorra does get partial cover, but since you got missed you didn't need to worry. This time, you do)

The human thug shoots at Rorrorra again. Human thug shoots at Rorrorra Damage if hit

The Duros will shoot at the stormtrooper again. Duros shoots at Stormtrooper Damage if hit

The Rodian will shoot at Rorrorra. Rodian shoots at Rorrorra Damage if hit

The Twi'lek will shoot at Deak again. Twi'lek shoots at Deak Damage if hit
--- Merged from Double Post ---
The stormtrooper takes a shot to the eye and falls over. It is now Deak's turn.

Grazak
04-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Deak will again fire at the Twi'lek targeting him.

Attack RollDamage If Hit

russdm
04-27-2009, 04:17 PM
Your shot flies past the twi'lek. It is now your turn, Rorrorra.

Anodyzed
04-27-2009, 04:51 PM
Rorrorra will again target the human who seems to want to do him harm.

Attack

Damage if a hit
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Try the attack again, since editing it doesn't work:
Attack

russdm
04-27-2009, 07:21 PM
Your shot catches him in the chest and he goes down.

Anodyzed
04-29-2009, 05:26 PM
OOC: Now that the main thread has started, do we need to finish this? Another shot like he already took and Rorrorra will be down!

russdm
04-29-2009, 08:49 PM
This is just filler and so can be stopped. It will stop now.