PDA

View Full Version : WFRP (WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLEPLAY): Which is your favorite edition, and why?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-18-2009, 11:52 PM
It's no secret that i love WFRP(Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay) and so i thought it would be interesting to start a thread for folks to share with me, and everyone else for that matter, which edition(1E or 2E) is their favorite, and why?

Me first: I love both editions and own everything ever published. If i had to choose an edition, I'd side with 1E, but i will be the first to admit that i started with 1st edition so my preference may just be sentimental.

I do love both and play both, but if i were to fall off the proverbial fence, I'd fall on the 1E side.

What say you?

gajenx
04-19-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm new here but I would say 1e since I have the stuff for it all. I Also started in that edition and loved playing in it. Also, there seems to be more uniqueness for it than in the later edition. It was as if they added more in each supplement book so that you had better understanding of the world, people and feel than you get in the newer stuff.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-25-2009, 07:44 PM
PLEASE NOTE: I RE-INITIATED THIS THREAD WITH A POLL. YOUR ANSWERS ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO ME SO PLEASE PARTICIPATE. HERE IS THE NEW THREAD/POLL LINK:

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=73228#post73228

trechriron
04-27-2009, 03:57 AM
I like the refinements, presentation, and playability of 2e. I really didn't like WFRP until I ran and collected 2e.