PDA

View Full Version : Which class/race are you... with a twist?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Okay fellow gamers, most of us have taken tests to see which race/class we are. This thread is different in that rather than taking a test to determine things, you are to share with the rest of us which race/class you would be if given the choice, your choice, and why?

Multiclassing is fine. Again, what would you choose for yourself if given a choice.

Also, your choice doesn't need to be limited to dungeons and dragons, you're welcome to use other rpgs like WOD, TnT, Traveller, WFRP, whichever. Basically, any edition, any rpg is allowed.

Feel free to give multiple answers covering your favorite rpgs.

Goreaddict
04-18-2009, 05:35 PM
this should be interesting I'll shall wait and see what others say though while I ponder the matter.

nijineko
04-18-2009, 05:44 PM
anything? in that case i would first and foremost choose to be the overdeity. creation really is my thing.

if i was barred from divine selections, i might pick a combo of full levels in shapechanger, master of many forms, and warshaper, with a possible scattering of nature's warrior and daggerspell shaper. would likely also take levels in chameleon. the levels before i could take the first of those classes would be at least 10 levels of psion.

realistically, i have a level or few in expert with a possible level in some scholarly type of class or prestige to account for the massive amount of reading and trivia.

BrotherDog
04-20-2009, 07:11 AM
This is hard to decide:

A) A cackling jesteresque Gnoll Bard/RainbowDancer of the Silver Flame.

B) My Goblin Swashbuckler/Ninja. That's right, both pirate and ninja at the same time.

C) Lupin(Ispan Pistolero breed, AKA Cocker Spaniel) Chronomancer . Yes, I know, we be talking Mr. Peabody

Grimwell
04-20-2009, 09:04 AM
I wouldn't mind being a deity.

:D

Kaewin
04-20-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm sorry I am only a Moros mage, Master in the Death Arcana.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-20-2009, 03:02 PM
If i could be anything, rules aside, i would be a Drow Sorcerer/Psion/Monk. I figure, what the heck, i have 100's of years to get good, providing i dont get killed off first.

If i was being thrown back today and had to find the best class fit for my person, i would be a Ranger/Druid.

wbrandel
04-20-2009, 03:08 PM
I have always envisioned myself as a Rogue/Ranger (Human)

Kaewin
04-20-2009, 03:09 PM
what edition?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-20-2009, 03:12 PM
I'd be a dwarf for there are many things i love about dwarves.... except hairy women with beards. Yep, blame me old-fashioned. It's my failing in life, and i recognize it to be so.

Kaewin
04-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Don't forget Dwarven holy water.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Gotta give it to a race that encourages the consumption of "holy water."

Kaewin
04-20-2009, 03:19 PM
and makes all kind of shiny objects. Drunk and rich what a way to be

oops forgot the well armed part

GoddessGood
04-20-2009, 03:34 PM
I'd be a Twilight Caste solar :) In Sundered Skies, I'd be a Wildling of some sort. Not too familiar with the multitude of classes/races in other systems.

yukonhorror
04-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Copied from other topic:

Based off the point buy method in 4e and being human (+2 to any attribute) I came up with this

Str: 9
Con: 14
Dex: 13
Int: 18
Wis: 13
Cha: 11

which would fit in to the class I would be if D&D were real life. Either a wizard or a shielding swordmage.

Wizard seems pretty booksmarts, and I like to help/protect my pals (swordmage).

Kaewin
04-20-2009, 03:52 PM
what level are you?

yukonhorror
04-20-2009, 03:54 PM
as for what I would WANT to be.

I would love to be a gizmoteer from ninjas and superspies.

And being that prestige class from 3.5 for druids (the one that allows you to wild shape into any creature type) would be super fun. Shape-changing from dragon, to mouse, to illithid.
--- Merged from Double Post ---

what level are you?

considering I know squat about magic, probably first level. If magic=science and thermodynamics, I'd say at least 8th level (4e standards). I am approaching that paragon tier (will get phd this summer).

Kaewin
04-20-2009, 04:01 PM
better get 3.5 gear to help you out, it was better

Sascha
04-20-2009, 04:48 PM
Twilight-natured werecat; certainly not Ceilican, nope, 'cause they're all gone, y'know ... *cough* Good riddance, anyway; buncha fae-touched cats. Bring nothing but weirdness, I tells ya. >^.^<

(<3 the Bastet from Werewolf: the Apocalypse; well, them, the coyotes and the foxes)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-20-2009, 05:39 PM
Another reason i couldnt be a dwarf is that they are just wound a little to tight. Not good.

Kaewin
04-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Thats true, I heard that if you said to a Dwarf "Hey your beard looks frizzy" it could start a clan war:laugh:

Katbutt
04-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Thats true, I heard that if you said to a Dwarf "Hey your beard looks frizzy" it could start a clan war:laugh:
That and their moms smell like gobboes

If I was anything I have 3 ideas for now

1)Master in fate and four dots in time acanthus but this character is either going to die, lose her magic, or get her bashiment increased (kaewin I'd really like the third option; I don't wanna be fourthborn however you look at it)
2)My awesome one trick mage that's like a werepanther or something and she's also a homicidal mainac when she's not trying to save trees (Look at above paraenthesis)
3)My fourth ed Eladrin Rouge. Keera kicks @$$ however you look at it!!!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-20-2009, 08:03 PM
It's even worse with WFRP. They keep these books of slights for 1000's of years. Cool people, but if you looked up "grudge" in the dictionary, you'd get a whole page.

Katbutt
04-20-2009, 08:06 PM
At the risk of souding like a noob, what's WFRP?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. A Very Dark and Gritty World.

kirksmithicus
04-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Cthulhu. Why settle for any lesser evil.

Genesplicer
04-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Cthulhu. Why settle for any lesser evil.

I thought Cthulhu wasn't realy evil, just so powerful and alien in its thinking that it could drive you insane just by being in the same cosmos with you...:confused:

kirksmithicus
04-20-2009, 08:44 PM
I thought Cthulhu wasn't realy evil, just so powerful and alien in its thinking that it could drive you insane just by being in the same cosmos with you...:confused:

I have no idea, just remembered a T-shirt I saw a while back during the election. "Vote Cthulhu! why vote for the lesser of two evils"

Genesplicer
04-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Well, in that case I'd be a Ley Line Walker Technowizard.

or in D&D, I'd be a dual class Wizard/Sorcerer, because you can't have too much magic.:whoo:

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-20-2009, 09:17 PM
I wouldnt mind having some of the talents of the Time Mage, found in 2E.

kirksmithicus
04-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Tree People Juicer...........okay, on second thought, I take that back. Tree People Apok.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-21-2009, 12:09 AM
Being a Halfling(Hobbit to some) doesnt sound too bad, if one wants an easy life with plump women, plump children, halfling ale and halfling weed... and let's not forget about halfling gossip.

Sascha
04-21-2009, 12:17 AM
Being a Halfling(Hobbit to some) doesnt sound too bad, if one wants an easy life with plump women, plump children, halfling ale and halfling weed... and let's not forget about halfling gossip.
Downside, of course, is being a halfling :P

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-21-2009, 12:19 AM
Not to a halfling. ;)

nijineko
04-21-2009, 02:08 AM
Well, in that case I'd be a Ley Line Walker Technowizard.

or in D&D, I'd be a dual class Wizard/Sorcerer, because you can't have too much magic.:whoo:

you fondly remind me of my mindmelter/glitterboy. ^^ he used his technopsionics to know everything there was to know about the glitterboy suit, and as he gained levels he learned how to operate it remotely. now that was fun! plus with the variable sized mind sword and his varied telekinetic shields and other powers, he could really boost the capabilities of the glitterboy.

there is even a prestige class for that combo in d&d, gets pretty wild after a few levels.

I wouldnt mind having some of the talents of the Time Mage, found in 2E.

why settle for second best? go for the time lord! (in an old dragon mag... yes, doctor who in d&d!)

Genesplicer
04-21-2009, 12:54 PM

Mmmmmm...... Plump Hobbit..... My Gargoyle is salivating....

you fondly remind me of my mindmelter/glitterboy. ^^ he used his technopsionics to know everything there was to know about the glitterboy suit, and as he gained levels he learned how to operate it remotely. now that was fun! plus with the variable sized mind sword and his varied telekinetic shields and other powers, he could really boost the capabilities of the glitterboy.

You aren't suposed to be able to use psionics (or most magic) from inside a haevy power armor like the GB.

I fondly remeber my mind melter who got ahold of the original Starwars Trillogy from an arceological dig. Customized a set of old-style CS Deadboy armor, added a trendy black cape, ripped a few sound effects into an auto speaker... Did I mention he had the imitate voice skill.:biggrin:

Purely anoyed the hell out of the rest of the party, especialy the part about the noisy reperator.:lol:

yukonhorror
04-21-2009, 01:25 PM

there is even a prestige class for that combo in d&d, gets pretty wild after a few levels.

why settle for second best? go for the time lord! (in an old dragon mag... yes, doctor who in d&d!)

Had that magazine, but LOST IT. :mad: I thought that class was so cool. I have tried to find it, but no luck.

agoraderek
04-22-2009, 12:18 AM
D&D, I'd be a rogue, easy. Shadowrun, I'd probably be a rigger. I don't play anything else right now...

Kaewin
04-22-2009, 08:11 AM
what's a glitterboy?

Genesplicer
04-22-2009, 12:22 PM
It's a combat vehicle that stradeles the line between a Power Armor and a full Mech. The G-10 is just under 10' tall and made of laser refracting armor that's golden in color. The armor's refracting properties cause it to sparkle when hit with light, hence the nickname: Glitterboy.

GoddessGood
04-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Is it a vampire?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
04-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Yep. i would have died. If someone were to tell me that i would combat glitterboy, i would have met him on the battlefield, only to be crushed by this mechanized monstrosity. Pays to do research before accepting challenges, i guess. :eek:

Genesplicer
04-22-2009, 12:28 PM
No, this is a super-tech war machien, not some distant relative to Edward.
(For those of you who don't get our little in-joke, see the vampire thread)

nijineko
04-22-2009, 04:41 PM
You aren't suposed to be able to use psionics (or most magic) from inside a haevy power armor like the GB.

i don't happen to recall that limitation, probably cause the dm didn't know/enforce it. i'll have to go look it up now. you don't happen to know the book/page reference, do you?

but, i was usually outside of the gb operating it remotely anyway. ^^

Sascha
04-22-2009, 04:53 PM
i don't happen to recall that limitation, probably cause the dm didn't know/enforce it. i'll have to go look it up now. you don't happen to know the book/page reference, do you?

It's probably the wording in the line of sight descriptions; totally-enclosed bots tend to have a HUD instead of an actual viewport, which technically breaks line of sight. If I remember, they go into that in Vampire Kingdoms, describing why a vamp can't use mind mojo over CCTV, but not so much in the actual main book (pre-whatever-the-"new"-core, that is).

Genesplicer
04-22-2009, 06:48 PM

It's somewhere in the general rules about magic. Unfortunatly I don't know the exact page refferance, but its in Rifts Main. Magic can't penatrate most heavy armors. That's why borgs get a bonus to their saving throw, and you can't affect people inside bots, vehicles and power armors unlees the spell or power specificaly says you can. One of my favorite spells was Life Drain, because it DOES penetrate heavy armor.

I don't think most of those abilities would have actualy been able to enhance the GB, but then I'd have to know exactly what you were trying to do with them. There's always interesting aplications for powers that no ones ever thought to explore until some one stumbles upon them. (see the They weren't suposed to do THAT thread for some good examples.)

But for now, I think we should either drop this or create a new thread, because were getting off topic into a Rifts rules debate. :focus:

agoraderek
04-23-2009, 01:44 AM
what's a glitterboy?

Think "club kid" on steroids...
--- Merged from Double Post ---

It's a combat vehicle that stradeles the line between a Power Armor and a full Mech. The G-10 is just under 10' tall and made of laser refracting armor that's golden in color. The armor's refracting properties cause it to sparkle when hit with light, hence the nickname: Glitterboy.

Ah, ok, I was thinking a different genre...